Wednesday, June 10, 2009

ROLLERSKATING!

Megan went to the Skateplex for a field trip the last week of school and she has been begging to go again. So last Saturday we packed up the kids and went as a family. We got there, paid, and got everyone's skates on. Megan chose rollerblades and we got regular ones for Ethan and Christian. My kids can't skate, I just have to say it. I think they spent just as much time on their feet as they did on their bums. It was great fun though. By the end, Megan actually looked like she was skating a little instead of carefully walking in skates. I rolled Christian around on the carpet because he had no hope on the wood floors. Ethan kept trying. I think after a few more times he might get it. We enjoyed crap for dinner courtesy of the concession stand... nachos, corndogs, candy, soda. It was great. I think we might go again, but eat dinner at home first.



Ethan fell about 5 times before I could get the shot above LOL!


Megan "skating" Her arms were out working so hard she kept coming to sit down saying her arms were tired LOL!


Dad helping. I made Ethan stay on the wall after I found him sprawled out on his belly in the middle of the path everyone skates. At least there weren't many people there.


Christian mostly stayed by us at the table. He got brave and walked around on his skates near us. He only had to be rescued by a stranger once.


Heidi played in her stoller for a few minutes and then wanted to be held. She fell asleep in Jared's arms and slept through the crazy loud music. Cutie pie!

2 comments:

Lorren Says... said...

So funny! Sounds like you guys had a great time. I need to take my kids roller skating. I can't remember the last time we did that!

heartlandfamily said...

How fun! Don't tell my kids you went or they will be wanting to go. My kids can't skate either and it wears me out helping them :) I love Megan's pose in the top picture.