Thursday, June 25, 2009

My view of breastfeeding

This is my view of Heidi breastfeeding :) I love how she sort of hugs my boob. LOL


Heidi is a great nurser. She loves to be on the boob night and day. Sometimes I wish I had a detachable boob to send her to bed with. I love breastfeeding. There is something so sweet about it and rewarding, too. Whenever someone tells me, "She is SO big!" or "Look at all those fat rolls!" or "I can't believe her cute chubby legs!" I just swell with pride because she got that way from me. I haven't ever nursed a baby this long so I am feeling quite accomplished. Heidi just really loves to nurse and I am so glad. Sometimes late at night I wish she would take a bottle, but really I am glad she prefers me. My goal is to make it a year. We'll see if it happens...

3 comments:

Meagan and John said...

Ok, my first thought to this was wondering what Heidi was dong in the photo, then this morning i realized you took a pic of her on your boob, which means you posted a pic of your boob online....which of course makes little immature me giggle. But then I read the whole blog and am now very jealous that dominic never wanted to breast feed, at one point he screamed in horror when i exposed my boob to see if he would try, that was when I gave up on him ever breastfeeding

enjoy it, not all women get to experience the joys that breastfeeding brings

MamaLovesFreebies said...

Awww! What a sweet pic! My goal is a year, too. We are at 5 months so far. How old is your little one? (sorry if I missed it...I'm kind of a "scanner"). I know we have to treasure every precious moment...they grow up so fast!

Rebecca Dix said...

Such a beautiful picture and I am soooo super jealous of you right now. :-)