It was my Nanny and Papa's 51st wedding on February 15. I forgot it!!! I am so ashamed. So Nanny and Papa... I am going to try to make it up to you with this blog tribute from me and the kids...
FIFTY ONE REASONS WE LOVE NANNY AND PAPA
in no particular order, by the Walters Family
1. They are so sweet.
2. Papa makes chairs for cute little kids and hands them out when he sees one.
3. Nanny makes me boston cream pie even though it is a pain.
4. They come see us a lot.
5. They bring us presents.
6. They are nice.
7. Papa has a cool truck.
8. Nanny sings the hoppa hoppa rider song.
9. Nanny can teach me German.
10. They love us.
11. They like to come to our house 100 times.
12. I got to go to Georgia with them when I was little.
13. Papa took me fishing when I was little.
14. Nanny can make better chinese food than any asian restaurant.
15. Nanny taught me to knit.
16. They bring me little newspapers to solve.
17. I love they have a garden every year and bring me green beans.
18. I love that they met in Germany.
19. I used to love going boating with them.
20. Papa plays on the nintendo ds with me.
21. For our anniversary last year, nanny and papa brought me a cake just like the one they had at their anniversary party... It fed 25 people. I ate it ALL! (not at once)
22. I love that they quit smoking.
23. Papa can build almost anything.
24. Nanny can knit anything. I love everything she makes us!
25. I love that they get in the car just to drive somewhere.
26. I love that Nanny hid a sandwich from papa under the sink because she wasn't supposed to eat it while she was pregnant. He needed some cleaner from under the sink so she didn't get away with it LOL! Ask her to tell the story some time!
27. I love the story about papa when he kicked the rooster and thought he killed it and was afraid his mom would be mad. It was still alive :) just knocked out!
28. I am proud papa served our country.
29. I love that I can call Nanny everyday and we can just chat.
30. I love to watch Hyacinth with Nanny when she visits.
31. I love watching Papa hold my babies. He is so tender and sweet.
32. Papa and Nanny have fun together.
33. Papa and Nanny serve eachother.
34. Papa gets Nanny the most beautiful roses.
35. Their anniversary is the day after Valentine's Day.
36. Nanny likes to fold my clothes when she visits. I have 7 loads for you, Nanny!
37. Papa is such a good example of honesty.
38. They do things for eachother.
39. I love the story about papa taking care of my mom in the night once and he changed her sheets and clothes a million times so Nanny wouldn't ask him to do it again. lol
40. I love that papa takes my blanket and plays with me.
41. I love that nanny plays with my hair.
42. I used to love spending the night with Nanny and Papa when I was little...
43. Friday night homemade pizza at their house.
44. When I spent the night with them, Nanny would rub my arms and back, it was so relaxing.
45. Papa babysat me when I was a baby and he tied a stuffed animal to the ceiling fan and laid me under it.
46. Nanny loves to hold babies, she is so sweet with them.
47. I love that they have a computer.
48. Papa can do ANYTHING on the computer, he just plays with it until he figures it out.
49. I love being able to video call with them.
50. I am proud they have had such a long, sweet marriage... it is rare these days.
51. We love you, Nanny and Papa, SO much! You are the best! I thought it would be hard to think of 51 things, but it was easy! They are such special people to me!
Its been soooooo long
58 minutes ago