I have to tell what a crazy, awful day we had yesterday. It was the last competition for Megan of the season and the first one Jared was going to see. Saturday, Megan had a sore throat and fever... same thing as my husband and son. They were ok with tylenol so I was sure Megan would be fine going to the competition. Sunday morning we got up and ready and were in the truck to go at 8:30. We were nice and early, time to have lunch before the competition. We got to the loop, about 6 minutes away from our house and Jared says, Did I shut the garage? I tried to hold back frustration when I said, how the crap am I supposed to know!? So we turned around. Got home... the garage is safely shut. OK, let's try this again. We turn around and head off to Dallas. We get to the loop. Megan cries out, I am going to throw up! Chaos erupts immediatly. I start yelling at Jared to open the door FAST! We were at a red light and to heck with the people around us! She already has saliva running out of her mouth. He throws me a baseball cap and tells me to have her puke in that. WHAT??? Well, during our fight I look at her and she puts her hands over her mouth and vomits. It came out so forcefully that it sprayed out every where and back on her face. I start gagging. In between gags I yell at my husband to pull the freak over. Megan is still throwing up. Now it is all over the seat, her lap, the door, the floor, her book... everywhere. She isn't done. He finally manages to get into the parking lot of a resaurant. She gets out ant throws up in the parking lot. I start laughing. I don't know why. I just looked at the truck and I was so glad it was Jared's company truck and not my van. Then I gag. The smell is awful. Jared uses all the wetwipes I have and tries to clean the vomit. I tell him it is useless to try to clean the seat because Megan had it all over her legs and butt. He throws the wet wipes on the ground. (Sorry Johnny Carino's... love your nachos!) Megan looks at me and says, I feel much better now! I want to go to the competition! Yeah right! Well, she convinced me. We head back home and I helped her bathe and change clothes while Jared cleans the truck. I try to get him to let us take the van, but he insists on taking to truck for the free gas. We didn't have anything to neutralize the vomit so we couldn't completely get the smell out, but it wasn't too too bad. I wasn't happy though. I would have gladly paid the $25 for the gas to get away from vomit. So anyway, we leave the house again. Now with a bucket just in case. It is now 10:00. We barely have enough time to get there now. We drive and miraculously make it past the intersection at the loop. We got to Lindale, about 20 minutes away, and we got out to get a drink at the gas station. Megan says, we better hurry in case I have to throw up. I look at her. She doesn't look her best. I ask her if she feels good still and she says she feels alittle sick. I ask her if she wants to go home. yes. crap. I was feeling a little sick from the smell, too. So we march back to the van and I tell Jared to take us home. I start pouting. I am getting so mad. I have to blame someone, something. I choose Jared. If he would have only listened to me and taken the van we would have made it to the competition. I am sure of it. I tried to calm down, but I was sooooo disappointed. It was the last competition of the season. She already missed the first one because of her broken arm! UGH! Oh well. I got over it. When we got home, she was running around and playing. I asked her if she could just act sick, lay around, moan, something! She said she felt fine. Dang. What a waste. Meanwhile, we are all outside and Ethan is playing with a toy and Christian starts fighting him for it. He seriously screams at decibals that will shatter glass. I grabbed him and put him in the house. He stands there and screams and screams and screams. I go inside. More puke. He threw up all over the door. Is he sick too? Or did he cry himself to vomiting? Guess it was the latter. He was fine all day. That is the end of the story and it wasn't even noon by then. I took a nap. A long nap. Then I had a Dr Pepper at about 9pm and I couldn't go to sleep that night. I played on webkinz until they kicked me off at 1 am. Then I got on toysrus.com and made my wishlists for my kids. I was done at about 3 am and I was so excited I hopped into bed and woke Jared up and told him about all the cool stuff I found. We talked for about an hour and he was done. I was still wired. I think the last time I looked at the clock it was 5:30 am. I got up at 6:45. I am tired...... That was a long story. I am glad it is over and I can't wait to go to bed tonight!
Thanks Valerie! I hope I can think of something interesting....
1. The player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves - try to find 6 you haven't already posted about!
2. At the end of the post, the player tags 6 people and posts their names, and then goes to their blog and leaves them a comment, letting them know they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog for the rules.
Six things about me....
1. I have anxiety, I think. Everyone always tells me that I handle things really well and I am really put together. Well, you don't see me behind closed doors. Ask my husband and my kids... I am a wreck. I stress, I cry, and I freak out. But when it comes to getting whatever I have to do done, I put on a happy face and I get through it.
2. One of my favorite things is coffee. And I know, I am LDS, I can't drink coffee. But let me tell you, I love it. So instead of drinking it, I buy candles with that scent. I walk slowly through the coffee aisle at the store and smell it. When anyone in my family comes to visit, they always make coffee in the morning and I love waking up to that scent. Occasionally I sneak in some coffee ice cream at marble slab. shhhhhhhhhhh! I have just heard about postum, and I may have to give that a try.....
3. My favorite thing to watch on tv is court tv... forensic files, body of evidence. and I love disorderly conduct. I love cops and I have a lot of respect for what they do. Oh ya, and I LOVE BBC America. If you want to watch a seriously funny show... watch My Family.
4. My favorite books to read are JUNIE B JONES books. I can't get enough of that girl.
5. I crochet. I am pretty dang good at it, too. I made my daughter's blessing gown and it is my favorite thing I crocheted. I am working on our Christmas stockings. Maybe I will get them done this year.
6. Crazy accidents I have been in... When I was about 8 and my sister was 3, she kept trying to get in my room. I finally shoved her out and slammed my door. Her finger was in the door. It broke in 2 places and her nail came off. The whole way to the ER my mom yelled at me and I remember her saying, "It is her wedding ring finger, it is mangled, look what you did!" If you know anything about my sister, that statement is a little funny. And, her finger is fine. Next story... When I was 16, I was driving to pick my sisters up from school for my mom and I turned right from one street to get on another and I hit a boy on a bike. He was in high school, but maybe a freshman. He rolled over my hood, fell on the ground, jumped up quick and looked at me. I was in shock! I asked if he was ok and he said yes. I started to drive away and had to pull over to cry. It freaked me out. I was a little shaken up at dance practice that afternoon. It turned out to be one of my sister's friends.
That is all I can think of. Now I have to tag 6 people and I don't think I even have 6 people to tag. Let's see.... Amy, Audrey, Cindy, Lorren, yep that is it. Have fun!
Our first real family pumpkin carving! It was fun taking turns scooping out the guts and cutting out the design. Afterwards we toasted the pumpkin seeds and had them for a treat. They tasted like popcorn. It was really fun.
We had a Halloween party at megan's school. At the end of the party we used toilet paper to wrap a volunteer mom and the teacher like a mummy. This pic is the mom... This is Megan's teacher. It was a blast and a really fun party. Glad it is over! We went to the Halloween party at the church. It was awesome. There were too many people inside, but the trunk or treat was the best. Megan was an olympic gymnast and Christian was the cutest scarecrow you ever saw. Ethan wore these Spiderman pajamas but he was no where to be seen when I was taking pictures. There was a huge blowup haunted house and he pretty much stayed in it until it was time to go outside.
I have 4 kids and a great husband that keep me busy. When I am not wiping bums or nursing a baby or cleaning messes or doing laundry or cooking dinner I like to crochet, do other crafts, or relax and read a book.