Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My Ethan is SIX Today!

I can't believe six years ago I gave birth to my first boy, a whopping 9 lbs 14 oz!


Ethan is such a special little guy. He is so sensitive and loving. He really cares for others. He is really smart and funny and he is all boy. I think he gives his teacher a hard time sometimes, having to pull his pin (change color) a little too often. But hey, I think overall he has had a pretty good year in Kindergarden. He surprises me with how much he really does know. I was excited to honor him all day. He got to wear a ribbon that said "my 6th birthday" on it.


I went to eat with him at school. That was really fun. When I got there his class had just went to the cafeteria and I was worried that he would get food from the lunch line, I brought him a special lunch. (Subway, there aren't many fast food restaurants that sell lunch at 10 am!!) But there he was sitting at the table next to all his friends with no lunch in front of him... waiting patiently for me :)!!! I was so impressed! He jumped up when he saw me and ran to me and we sat down together. We had a good lunch. He has some talkative friends I tell you!
Then a little later I went back up to the school and brought cupcakes for Ethan to share with his classmates. That was fun, everyone was so excited and Ethan felt so special handing out the cupcakes. Another little boy in class had a birthday today, too, and he brought cookies! Those kids were all sugared up!


When we got home from the school, Ethan's presents awaited him. He had fun tearing into them, even pausing a second to notice they were wrapped in Star Wars wrapping paper. He got a DS game, an Indiana Jones lego set, a regular lego set (these are the tiny legos, we are trying those out for the first time!) and his favorite gift... a bow and arrow.


We had a dinner of German pancakes and fresh fruit and sausage and then we headed to Chuck E Cheese's. Ethan got 20 tokens for free (coupon) and then I bought 100 tokens and we had fun! It wasn't crowded so that made it even better! And even though we had cupcakes earlier, Ethan needed a cake. I bought a candle for him to blow out and I had been eyeing the chocolate cake sold at CEC's for a long time and I was ready to try it out! So we showed Ethan the cakes, a boring unappetizing vanilla one and a decadent delicious awesome chocolate one. Look at what he picked...

Can you see the disappointment in Megan's eyes? Mine are much the same. But the important part was Ethan's happiness and he was happy with his choice.


A Birthday Collage, I love this little guy so much!

1 comment:

Rebecca Dix said...

You are such a fantastic mother! What a great day!