Thursday, May 28, 2009

Another Milestone



I was sitting on the couch crocheting, what else do I ever do, and Heidi crawled over to me. Yes, crawled. She isn't quite a pro yet, she looks a little drunk when she is crawling. She even does an occasional nose-dive into the carpet, you know the kind where your feet fly up in the air and almost hit you in the back of the head. But she can do it. I felt her hands grabbing at my legs. She wanted in my lap. Then I looked down over my cute flower I was working on, and she is standing up!!! She totally pulled up! I couldn't believe it. Jennifer witnessed it, too. I was so excited for her and I cheered and clapped for her and gave her the biggest hug. Then I thought, dang! I need a picture of that for my blog! Babies don't usually pull up on demand, so I posed her up on the couch for this picture. To be honest, she fell over the first time I stood her up there. But she held on long enough for me to snap this picture the second time. So it is a fake picture, but she really did pull up on her own.

I am so excited for all the new things she does, but a little sad, too. Every new thing she does marks her growth towards toddlerhood. I want her to stay my baby forever. She will always be my baby. I hope she doesn't hate me for it. :)

No comments: