Thursday, April 2, 2009

April Fool's Fun

I love jokes. And I love April Fool's Day. I got my kids good a couple years ago by freezing their cereal. It was awesome. I haven't really done anything since and I wanted to do something this year. I have been looking up ideas for about a week and all I could find were food tricks and I wasn't sure I wanted to do that. Then the day before April 1st was hard and that night Heidi kept me up all night, so yesterday morning I wasn't up to fooling anyone. The day went on and no one pranked me and I pranked no one. Then I talked to Karalee and she told me all the fun things she was doing to her kids and I couldn't let the day be wasted. So I set out to get my kids. First I short sheeted Megan's bed. For those of you that don't know what that is (I didn't) it is where you get the top sheet and tuck the bottom of it under the mattress at the head of the bed, smooth the sheet down and then fold it back up so that it looks normal and when they get in bed there is no where for their legs to go because the fold it there. So funny. I was too lazy to do the boys' beds, I didn't think they would get it anyway, maybe next year. Then I sewed the bottom of one of their pajama pants leg shut. When I got the boys out of the bath, I had Megan get in the shower right away so she wouldn't hear what happened to Ethan's pajamas. It was so funny watching Ethan try to figure out why he couldn't get his shorts on!!! I was recording it all, but you can't see much because Christian was getting right in front saying cheese a million times. Then I heard the water turn off and I knew Megan was about to find my surprise. I sat on the couch where the bathroom door is visible and I started recording. I wanted to capture what happened when she came out to show me the pants since I obviously can't record her dressing for 2 reasons, one being she is 8 and I can't show her dressing on the internet and two she would totally know something was up. So I hear her make a noise and I knew she had discovered my prank. It took a couple minutes for her to come out so I started interview Christian so the video would not just be of a door LOL. She came out and walked up to me and here is the video of it... Ethan first and then megan under it...





After Megan got dressed for bed she must have gotten in bed and discovered her sheets were wrong. She came out and sat down in the chair next to me and said, "Mom, there is something wrong with my bed." I started laughing and asked her what was wrong, she said the sheets were messed up. I laughed so hard and I could see the recognition in her face. She yelled, YOU DID THIS TO ME! I said yep! She laughed and then said, "Hmmmm, I wonder what I am going to do to you?" LOL!! It was a fun April Fool's Day.

2 comments:

a said...

You are so funny! Those were awesome jokes. P.S. I ended up taking the sleeping pill. lol.

Nelson & Valerie Cluff said...

haha. Thanks for the good laugh. :)