Monday, March 16, 2009

The answer is...

FROZEN BREASTMILK!!!

When Heidi had the flu she didn't eat much. I needed to pump to survive. I had all this breastmilk and since Heidi won't take a bottle, I wanted to freeze it in 1 oz servings to mix with cereal when she started to take solid food. We didn't have an ice tray in the house. I did have a silicon heart shaped baking mold. So I poured it in and froze it. When I took one out to mix with her cereal it just looked so funny so I had to take a picture.

Here is Heidi ready for her first taste of solid food.


I mixed a little applesauce in, too. She liked it and did well eating. I think she actually swallowed some of it.


We fed her on a video call with my Nanny and Papa so they could see her eat for the first time. I love the internet!


You can see us all looking at them on the computer.


Megan took a turn feeding her. She did a pretty good job. Heidi didn't make it easy. Her legs and arms were kicking like crazy. She was pretty excited.


I love to feed babies, it is so fun.

3 comments:

a said...

OMGOSH, that is really funny!

Lorren Says... said...

Nope, would have never guessed that!

Castaneda 5 said...

ha we were all wrong! Don't you just love being able to video conference on the net? It's fun!