Monday, October 6, 2008

Our First REAL Project



Megan was given an extra credit assignment to make a model of the solar system. We sat around the first day talking about how cool we could make it and we all got excited about it. Then reality set in and I realized we bit off a bit more than we could chew. Good thing Jared was around to help or we would have ended up with crap! Megan did a lot of the work herself, I think I underestimate kids sometimes. She did a great job. It is kind of fun to look at. I enjoyed learning about the planets and such. We had a good time as a family making it. The boys made their own projects (mess) while we did this LOL! I am not ready for another project until January... maybe. Please, Meg's teacher, don't assign anything else for a while!

3 comments:

a said...

Are you kidding me? I am a failure as a mother. I have never seen a better looking solar system in all my life. WOW!

Darla said...

Hailey has a project due next week, why don't you make a trip to Delta!! I don't have the creativity or the PATCIENCE! Great job! I can't believe how big Megan is. Is she still in gymnastics? One day I promise to get your surprise in the mail! :)

Cindy said...

That is one great solar system! Get ready to make a simple machine toy....