Monday, October 20, 2008

Megan's Gymnastics Meet

Megan went to her last competition last Saturday. It was in Houston and my dr said I couldn't travel that far, so I had to send her with a super nice family. I was so sad to miss it, especially since it was her best meet ever! I am SO proud of her, she has come a long way. For this meet her scores were...

Beam: 9.000
Bars: 9.000
Vault: 9.350
Floor: 9.500

She got all 9's for the first time ever! It is pretty neat. There were 87 girls competing together that day and she placed 13th! For the team scores, they take the top 6 scores from the girls on the team and add them together. Megan was 5th on our team and if I am right, her score was counted for the team total and our team got FIRST PLACE!!! I am a little confused about all the scoring details, but that is how it was explained to me. So, she did really well anyway, no matter what. Her floor score was 4th place! And the competition season is over for us until March when we host our meet here. I can't wait for that, it is SO fun! I am not bragging, I couldn't help show off her great accomplishments! I am STILL trying to get the videos off my dvd and onto the computer. I was told today I might not be able to do it. I am working on some software I downloaded to try to get it done, we will see. I hope I can get it on here sometime.

2 comments:

a said...

Congrats to Megan, that's awesome! Sorry about your camera, I wish I was smarter so I could help. lol.

Cindy said...

WTG Megan!!

pfffffft to Dr. Fanning!